Thursday, July 27, 2006

Do you know how to pray?

The Jesus I never knew"In ainm an Athar, agus a Mhic, agus an Spioraid Naomh."[Irish] ("In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.")

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for dying on the cross and shedding your precious blood for my sins. I am sorry for all my sins. I ask you to come into my heart, forgive all my sins, and be my Lord and my Saviour. Father, I thank you now for forgiving all my sins and giving me eternal life in Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Admit you are a sinner (have disobeyed God). Sin separates man from God. Imperfect man cannot come into the presence of a perfect God.
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." -1 John 1:8

(2). Repent (be sorry for and turn from your sins, to a new life in Christ).

"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out." -Acts 3:19

(3). Salvation is available only through Jesus Christ.

"Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes unto the Father, but by me." -John 14:6

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." -1 Timothy 2:5

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." -Acts 4:12

(4). Accept the free gift of eternal life through Christ. You cannot earn salvation by your own efforts.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." -Romans 6:23

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." -Ephesians 2:8,9

"That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." -Romans 10: 9,10

(5). Do it now.

"...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." -II Corinthians 6:2

(Jesus said) "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." -Revelation 3:20

Receive Christ as your Lord and Saviour Now (see: A Sample Prayer at left). If you accept Christ E-mail us, or write us at: Dr Dennis http://drcallahan.bravejournal.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home