Saturday, July 01, 2006

a prayer for understanding

prayer in America

"Lord Jesus, make thyself to me

A living bright Reality

More present to faith's vision keen

Than any earthly object seen;

More dear more intimately nigh

Than e'en the dearest earthly tie"



Father in heaven,

Help me to understand the needs of those who struggle every day to stand against the world's pain

Help me find a way to give hope to those who have turned to drugs or alcohol for survival

Help me teach the children the lessons of life that will shape their future, body, mind and spirit.

Help me feed the poor and elderly too proud to say they have not eaten today.

Help me look inside myself and see that all mankind is one. And grant me the strength to understand that I. . . I can make a difference "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death," (Philippians 3:10)


Rev. Dr. Denis O'Callaghan Ph.D., Th. D., D. D.
http://drcallahan.bravejournal.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home