Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Help, Lord




A PRAYER for HELP.

Dear Lord I have reached the end, I have no hope,
I’ve reached rock bottom, I cannot cope,
I’ve spent my life and now I’ve come,
To this stage, Ican go no further, unless you are the one,
Who can hear my plea and pity me.

I once was young and had big plans,
To beocme the best in all the land ,
At what I did, the world was my oyster,
Not for me, being in some office cloistered,
But up and away, I would have my day.

Being brilliant, the best and when put to the test,
Would rise above all others, to be a shining star,
To be seen in all my glory but alas, I crashed,
And now all my dreams are smashed,, my hopes are dashed,
I am nothing, just a shell and my life is shot to hell.

It started with the in crowd, you know the ones, who talk aloud,
Scoffing at others hopes and fears, with snide remarks and jeers
Expressing disdain , feigning to know so much better,
Than those who try to teach morals which is no mean feat,
In this day and age,, common sense, why was I so dense.
I now have nothing to say in my defense.

Thrills, excitement, they were all the rage, until I trached the stage,
It all became banal, new thrills were my need and so I took no heed,
Of advice given, no matter how sage, I had reached the stage,
Of wanting more, more than anything could give, I needed to live,
The high life, so came the quest, for what I thought best

For in seeking that adrenalin rush, my higher plans had turned to dust,
And now all I wanted was that ever present high,
Which only druge could satisfy, they let me fly,
Higher and faster, with a whirling madness, replaced by sadness,
For I no longer found what I sought, Nothing came, there was nought,
To takes its place, emptiness just empty spage

So now here I am at last, when all is past, ,
Weakened, ravged by diease, sinking to my knees,
Nowhere else to turn, all my bridges burned,
Just here now all alone, how can I atone,
Lord Please pity me and hear my plea.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home