Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Unrest in my SOUL!

calm
O My Father,
I have moments of deep unrest -- moments when I know not
what to ask by reason of the very excess of my wants. I have in these
hours no words for Thee, no conscious prayers for Thee. My cry seems
purely worldly; I want only the wings of a dove that I may flee away.
Yet all the time Thou has accepted my unrest as a prayer. Thou has
interpreted its cry for a dove's wings as a cry for Thee, Thou has
received the nameless longings of my heart as the intercessions of Thy
Spirit. They are not yet the intercessions of my spirit; I know not
what to ask. But Thou knowest what I ask, O my God. Thou knowest the
name of that need which lies beneath my speechless groan. Thou knowest
that, because I am made in Thine image, I can find rest only in what
gives rest to Thee; therefore Thou hast counted my unrest unto me for
righteousness, and has called my groaning Thy Spirit's prayer. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home